We are a high church group of Lutherans (formerly known as the Anglo-Lutheran Catholic Church) of the Augustana Evangelical Catholic Church supporting the formal international ecumenical dialogues seeking full communion with the Roman Catholic Church.
“Et ego dico tibi quia tu es Petrus et super hanc petram aedificabo ecclesiam meam et portae inferi non praevalebunt adversum eam. Et tibi dabo claves regni caelorum et quodcumque ligarveris super terram erit ligatum in coelis et quodcumque solveris super terram erit solumtum in coleus.” (The Gospel of Saint Matthew, Chapter 16, Verses 18-19)
Historically our roots are in the Church of Rome. We became Lutheran to restore the Church. We were offered Apostolic Succession through the Roman Catholic Church via the Order of Corporate Reunion. The Vatican recognizes our priests and bishops as being valid. The lineage of our bishops and priests is the Rebiban (Vatican) Succession via the Duarte Costa lineage. This lineage is held by 93% of Roman Catholic Bishops. The AECC now has over 25,000 faithful in 6 countries on 3 continents.
In These Truths We Believe:
- The Church is a hospital for healing the whole person in body, soul, and spirit in the Name of the Triune God: Father, Son & Holy Spirit.
- The classical spiritual disciplines of the Christian Faith: prayer and meditation, solitude and silence, confession and forgiveness, simplicity, fasting, study, submission and service, worship and celebration.
- The three ancient creeds: The Apostle’s Creed, The Nicene-Constantinapolitan Creed, The Athanasian Creed.
- The Holy Mysteries or Sacraments of the catholic and orthodox Churches.
- The Roman Pontiff as the Bishop of Rome and the first among equals in the worldwide Church, and the teachings of the Magisterium, insofar as there is full agreement.
- The Joint Agreement on Justification signed in 1999 between the Lutheran World Federation (LWF) and the Roman Catholic Church and the repudiation of the anathemas of 500 years.
- The Ecumenical Councils through Vatican II.
- The Unaltered Augsburg Confession.
- Luther’s Large Catechism.
- The Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC), insofar as there is full agreement.
The Augustana Evangelical Catholic Church website:
Office of the Metropolitan Archbishop: DeoetEcclesia@yahoo.com